Life’s Big Moments
It is a privilege
and an honor for Christ Episcopal Church to walk with people on the journey of life.
From the celebration of a baby’s birth to the celebration of a life well-lived, we seek to be a source of spiritual guidance, support, and celebration for you and your family.
There are many people who choose Aspen for a destination wedding. We are pleased that you would like to be married in Aspen and we will do everything we can to help you. The celebration of your marriage is a unique moment in your life, and preparation for it is important.
To Be Baptized:
- Complete the Baptism Registration Form and return it to the Church Office.
- Attend a Baptism walk-through before the service.
In the Christian faith, marriage is a lifelong commitment by two people to love, honor and cherish one another in faithfulness and true godliness.
To be married at Christ Episcopal Church or at another venue in the Aspen area:
- At least one person, bride or groom, must be a baptized Christian and either an active contributing member of Christ Episcopal Church OR the child of an active contributing member.
- Complete the Request for Marriage Form and return it to the Church Office. One of the clergy will contact you, at which time a date and time may be reserved.
- Attend premarital counseling with a member of the clergy. This is a prerequisite for marriage in the Episcopal Church. The Bishop’s written permission is required if a person has been previously married and divorced.
As Christians, we live in the hope and reality that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ, nothing in life, nothing in death. Still, one of the hardest things we face in this life is the death of a loved one. Christ Church’s clergy, staff, and members offer their caring support and expertise during this difficult time, guiding service planning and walking with you through the experience of grief and loss.
Please contact the Church Office at 970-925-3278.